My name is Chardon Plum, and I created Project: Hardcover. in 2006.
Project: Hardcover has been many things over the years. It originally started as a book review podcast in 2006 (no longer active/public), then became a Booktube channel in 2014 (still active), and now a blog in 2018.
My passion for books is as old as I am. I remember being a toddler, sitting on my father’s lap, and begging him to read me just one more story. I was transfixed by the magical power he had to turn these random letters on a page, into beautiful stories. I was determined to master this magic too, and I did. I have since then let this magic carry me all the way to the University of Central Florida, where I am pursuing a BA in Literature, which I then intend to use to teach other children this magical power that brings me such joy.
I’m almost exclusively a YA reader, but I can be convinced to stray.
My favorite genres are:
- Historical Fiction
My all-time favorite books/series are:
- I Am the Messenger by: Markus Zusak
- The Book Thief by: Markus Zusak
- The Raven Cycle Quartet by: Maggie Stiefvater
- The Daughter of Smoke and bone Trilogy by: Laini Taylor
- The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by: J.R. Ward
- The Code Name Verity Series by: Elizabeth Wein
- Slaughterhouse Five by: Kurt Vonnegut
- Maggot Moon by: Sally Gardner
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by: Patrick Ness
- The Thief Lord by: Cornelia Funke
I’m also a serious book collector. I mostly collect Zusak, Stiefvater, Taylor, and Wein books/swag. I’m forever searching and adding to my collections.
When I’m not obsessing about books, you can find me obsessing about: Wes Anderson films, Steven Universe, Disney Pins, and crafting.